- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for IBM® Lotus® Domino®
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for Microsoft® Exchange
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server version 4.1 SP6 for Microsoft® Exchange
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server version 4.1 SP6 for IBM® Lotus® Domino®
When creating a software configuration on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server you receive the following error:
Multiple instances of the following applications were found. Please remove all but the desired version to enable the applications for configuration.
The issue occurs when trying to create a software configuration for an application that has multiple versions created for different BlackBerry smartphones. For example, the BlackBerry® Client for use with Microsoft® Office Communications Server 2007 v2.2 is designed for the BlackBerry® Storm™ Series only. The BlackBerry Client for use with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 v2.1 is designed for BlackBerry smartphones that do not use the SurePress™ touch screen.
Use the following process to create a second shared folder within C:\Program Files\Common Files:
- Open My Computer and select the drive that hosts the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (C:\ by default).
- Double-click on Program Files, then Common Files.
Note: A folder must be created that uses the same folder structure as the Research In Motion folder.
- Create a folder called RIM in the Common Files folder, then copy the AppLoader folder from the Research In Motion folder to the RIM folder.
- To share the RIM folder, complete the following steps:
- Right-click on the RIM folder, then select Sharing and Security.
- Select Share this folder.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
- Create a folder within the RIM folder called Shared, then create a folder called Applications within the Shared folder.
- Copy the .cod and .alx files for the second application to the new Applications folder
- Open a command prompt by clicking Start >Run, type cmd, then click OK.
- Go to the directory within the RIM folder (for example: cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Rim\AppLoader).
- Run the command loader.exe/index.
- In BlackBerry Manager, click the Software Configurations tab.
- In the Common Tasks menu, select Add New Configuration. In the Configuration Name field, type a name for the configuration.
- Click Change to input the Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path to the shared folder.
- Type \\
- Application Software should appear in the window, expand the window to see the new software configuration.